There are four chalets in total each with its own unique rustic charm and characteristics.
The chalets are built into the environment so as not to disturb or deface the natural beauty of the area.
- Leopard Rock 3 bedrooms (6 single beds)
- Eagle 2 bedrooms (4 single beds)
- Gemsbok 2 bedrooms (4 single beds)
- Zebra 2 bedrooms (4 single beds)
Each chalet has an open plan kitchen / dinning, and a shower bathroom. A shaded porch provides for a nice sundowner and shaded outdoor area.
Amenities & Equipment NOT Supplied
a. Bedding: Sheets, blankets, pillow slips, & towels.
b. Firewood: Bring enough wood for the exterior braai and internal fire place, also fire lighters and matches.
C. Miscellaneous: Black refuse bags, soap, washing up liquid, drying up cloths, & toilet paper, food and drink, hats, sunblocks, binoculars, cameras, and torches, ect.
NOTE: Some of the above items are available as options.
The fridge capacity is 100 litres only and in a hot environment can be overwhelmed by constant opening and closing of the door (for cool drinks, etc).
We recommend you bring a cooler bag / portable fridge for cool drinks.
LocationsLeopard Rock and Gemsbok/Zebra chalets are approximately 12kms apart. Gemsbok and Zebra are in close proximity to each other, which in turn are approximately 3.6kms from Eagle chalet.
Amenities & Equipment Supplied
- Kitchen 6 x large knives, 1 x small kitchen knife, 6 large forks, 6 large spoons, 6 x tea spoons, 2 x long handled serving spoons, 1 x wooden spoon, 1 x kitchen ladel, 1 x egg lifter, 1 x can opener, 1 x bottle opener/corkscrew, potato peeler, 1 x scissors, draining board, 6 x pudding/cereal plates, 6 x dinner plates, 6 x side plates, 3 x serving dishes, 1 x sugar bowl, 1 x salad server blue, 1 x plastic bowl, 1 x strainer, 2 x plastic containers, 1 x plastic jug, 6 x mugs, 10 x highball glasses, 8 x wine glasses, 1 x salt & pepper pot, 2 x pots, 1 x potjie pot, 1 x frying pan, 1 x cutting board, 1 x braai bak, 6 x table mats.
- Cleaning 1 x mop, 1 x long handled broom, 1 x hand broom, 1 x bucket
- Bedding & Bathroom: 1 x shower curtain, 6 x mattresses with fitted sheets, and pillow.
- Furniture & Appliances: 1 x dining table and 6 chairs, patio chairs, 2 x plate gas hob, 1 x 4 plate wood/coal stove (Leopard Rock Chalet only), 1 x exterior braai, small bar fridge, and hot water geyser.
** Should a same day booking be made over a weekend, ie Saturday / Sunday, etc, the fridge will not be switched on in advance of your visit.
General Rules / Notes
a. No pets allowed. b. ALTHOUGH A 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE IS NOT NECESSARY, A VEHICLE WITH HIGH GROUND CLEARANCE IS ESSENTIAL. c. Keys and options packages must be collected from Mount Ceder. Keys and bedding must be returned to Mount Ceder on departure. Distance from Mount Ceder to the chain gate is 20km. Allow for a one hours trip between the chain gate and the chalets.
The distances between chain gate and chalets are as follows:
- Leopard Rock 14.2km
- Gemsbok 21.6km
- Zebra 21.6km
- Eagle 25.2km
Welcome to Cederberg Chalets
Finding suitable Cederberg accommodation each year is becoming an increasingly popular priority for people all around the world, and with good reason. There is simply no other location on earth that offers a comparable experience in terms of sheer pristine wilderness. The soul of the Cederberg itself is a tangible presence to anyone who ventures into the area.
In keeping with the spirit of this ambience, Cederberg Chalets introduces virtually no non-essential elements but rather provides comfortable lodgings which are perfectly in tune with the natural surroundings. If you’re looking for a touch of wilderness that still relies heavily on modern appliances and distractions then your options are wide and varied, but if you want to truly immerse yourself in the natural world, then Cederberg Chalets offers you the rare opportunity that you’ve been searching for.
ALTHOUGH A 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE IS NOT NECESSARY, A VEHICLE WITH HIGH GROUND CLEARANCE IS ESSENTIAL.
Situated in the Cederberg mountains, the CEDERBERG CHALETS are located in wide open spaces of unspoilt wilderness and tranquillity, spectacular rock formations , rock art, hiking and game viewing. Unspoilt fresh air exists here in abundance. Comfortable SOLITUDE chalets have been constructed for those wishing a quiet, private landscape of their own, shared only with game.
Book your escape today.
What a lovely place to stay when you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of modern life! I recommend to anyone who needs to de-stress in a peaceful environment.Jenny Carver Paris, France
Had a wonderful time at the Cederberg Chalets. So peaceful and tranquil. Will definitely be coming back again.Sam Jones Essex, UK
Had a great time with family at Cederberg chalets. Always nice to escape to the great outdoors! Think we will make this an annual trip.Daniel Jones Cape Town, South Africa